# Reports View since 5.6
In the Reports View, you can build quality reports reflecting the overall quality of your project. A quality report consists of individual slides that display e.g., findings, metrics, metric and trend charts, etc., from one or multiple of your project or multiple projects. Every slide is highly configurable and allows to display data for individual Teamscale projects, filter the data, add comments, etc.
A flexible report editor allows editing the report at your convenience, with functions such as adding and removing, copying, pasting and duplicating slides, moving them per drag&drop, etc. Reports are saved in Teamscale for reference and later use. They can be printed or presented directly from Teamscale.
The Reports View is not visible by default. In order to view the perspective, one of the following conditions has to be fulfilled:
- the user has been granted any Global Role that contains the Create Quality Reports permission (contained by default in the Project Creator and Instance Admin global roles).
- the user has been granted at least the Viewer Role on at least one quality report.
- Report List View
- Opening a Report read-only
- Report Slide Overview
- Changing the Settings of a Slide
- Copying or Deleting Slides
- Setting Slide(s) as Draft
- Report Print View
- Basic Role View
# Report List View
The default view of the Reports View is the Report List View:
This view shows existing reports in a tabular fashion, with individual columns providing basic information on the quality report, such as report Time Span, basic Settings or the report's creator. The buttons in the report list table allow navigation to the Report Present View, Report Edit View, Basic Role View as well as copying or removing existing reports:
|Presents the report (full-screen)|
|Delete the report.|
|Navigate to the Report Edit View|
|Allows to configure access rights for this report|
|other options (e.g., copy report settings).|
# Opening a Report read-only
In order to view your report (without editing), you can click the report name in the Report List View.
This is a simple view providing an overview of report slides as well as the possibility to select and view individual slides. In case you have the permission to edit the report, you will see the Edit report button.
# Report Slide Overview
The following slide types are available in the report editor:
# Title Slide:
- Contains title and basic information about the report:
# Metric Bar Chart Slide
- Contains bar charts comparing the current metric values in your project with the values at report baseline:
# System Quality Overview Slide
- Contains a table with metric values in your project (metrics from configured threshold profile). It is similar to the Metric Table Widget in the Dashboard Perspective, but fitted on a slide and additionally allowing to display trend delta values (since report baseline).
# Finding Detail Slide
- Contains code snippets of findings in your project:
# Metric Trend Chart Slide
- Contains a chart with metric(s) trend since reports baseline.
# Assessment Trend Chart Slide
- Similar to the Metric Trend Chart Slide, but allows to display assessment charts rather than individual metric charts.
# Quality Tasks Slide
- Contains tasks from the Tasks Perspective fitted on a slide. It allows filtering for tasks that have been, e.g., open or closed since baseline as well as filtering by task tag.
# Image Slide
- A flexible slide that allows uploading any image to the report and commenting on it. This slide can be used when a specific use case is not covered by the available slide types.
# Custom Slide
- A Text slide with markdown support.
# Changing the Settings of a Slide
Each slide has a configuration window where you can select the slide settings. The slide settings can be specific to the slide type (e.g., filtering by task tag in the Quality Tasks Slide) as well as shared across multiple slide types, e.g., the slide Comments setting. An example of a slide settings window (from the Quality Tasks Slide) can is:
# Copying or Deleting Slides
Right-clicking on a slide in the preview list (left pane) opens a context menu for editing slides:
The remaining features are also available via shortcuts. Here is a comprehensive list of available shortcuts:
# Quality Report Edit Shortcuts
|Delete||Remove current slide.|
|↑||Navigate to previous slide.|
|↓||Navigate to next slide.|
|Shift + ↑||Select previous slide|
|Shift + ↓||Select next slide|
|Ctrl + A||Select all slides|
|Ctrl + D||Duplicate current slide(s)|
|Ctrl + C||Copy current slide(s)|
|Ctrl + V||Paste copied slide(s)|
# Setting Slide(s) as Draft
Marking one or more slides as "draft" is possible using the context menu (see image above) and will add a blue ribbon in the corner of the slide. This only serves as a visual marker, the behavior of the slide will not be affected by this setting.
# Report Print View
The Report Print View is a view that contains report slides only (without slide preview list). The simplified layout allows to navigate to the Print view of your browser and either print the report directly or save it as a PDF document.
# Basic Role View
Teamscale's permission management, alongside with corresponding views, is discussed in full detail here.