# System Requirements
This article describes the system requirements both for the server on which the analyses are executed as well as on the users' side.
# System Requirements for Analysis Server
The Teamscale server can be installed on both Linux and Windows machines and has the following minimum requirements:
- Operating System:
- Linux recommended with glibc >= 2.15 and glibc++ >= 3.4.22 (e.g., Ubuntu 2018.04 or RHEL 8)
- Windows with Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019 (opens new window)
- Java: Java Runtime Environment (e.g., Oracle Server JRE or OpenJDK), Version 17 or later, 64-bit
- CPU: 2 GHz, 2 or more cores recommended
- RAM: 4 GB minimum
- Disk Space:
- Installation: 1.9 GB
- Data: at least 10 GB
The disk space requirements for data highly depend on the amount of source code of the analyzed software, the time range of the history being analyzed, and the commit behavior, i.e., the frequency and number of committed files, within the time range analyzed.
Hard Drive Performance
We highly recommend using a local SSD. For large code bases (> 1 MLOC), a local SSD with high IOPS numbers is required. In these scenarios, network-attached storage will usually not be sufficiently performant. To verify your disk performance, please measure the I/O performance of your disks with fio and compare it to our reference table.
- Web Browser (Users):
- Chrome (version 87+)
- Firefox (version 78+)
- Edge (version 88+)
- Safari (version 14+)
As an example, a system of about 500 kLOC and a history of 1.5 years requires about 1 GB of disk space.
# Additional system requirements for specific analyses
If the tools Stylecop or Sonarlint for C# are enabled in an analysis profile then .NET 6 runtime (opens new window) or higher has to be installed first. It is already contained in the Teamscale docker image (opens new window).
# System Requirements for IDE Plugins
Here are the requirements for Teamscale users who want to use one of the Teamscale IDE plugins:
- Eclipse: Eclipse SDK 4.4.2 (Luna SR2) or later, running on Java 8 or later
- Visual Studio: Visual Studio Version 2015 or later, .NET Framework 4.5 or later, Windows Vista or later
- IntelliJ: 2019.1 or later
- NetBeans: 8.1 or later, running on Java 8 or later