# System Requirements
This article describes the system requirements both for the server on which the analyses are executed as well as on the users' side.
# Requirements for Teamscale Cloud
If you use Teamascale's Cloud offering, we will handle all the hardware and software requirements for you. The only requirement is that the systems that you want to integrate, such as Git repositories, ticket systems, etc., must be reachable from our servers.
If you want to integrate systems that are not publicly accessible (e.g. servers in your internal network), please contact us at email@example.com. Our technical experts will discuss options with you to connect your internal servers to Teamscale's Cloud offering.
# System Requirements for Analysis Server
If you decide to install Teamscale on your own hardware, you can choose between Linux and Windows machines. The following are the minimum requirements:
- Operating System:
- Linux recommended with glibc >= 2.15 and glibc++ >= 3.4.22 (e.g., Ubuntu 2018.04 or RHEL 8)
- Windows with Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019 (opens new window)
- Java: Java Runtime Environment (e.g., Oracle Server JRE or OpenJDK), Version 17 or later, 64-bit
- CPU: 2 GHz, 2 or more cores recommended
- RAM: 4 GB minimum
- Disk Space:
- Installation: 1.9 GB
- Data: at least 10 GB
The disk space requirements for data highly depend on the amount of source code of the analyzed software, the time range of the history being analyzed, and the commit behavior, i.e., the frequency and number of committed files, within the time range analyzed.
Hard Drive Performance
We highly recommend using a local SSD. For large code bases (> 1 MLOC), a local SSD with high IOPS numbers is required. In these scenarios, network-attached storage will usually not be sufficiently performant. To verify your disk performance, please measure the I/O performance of your disks with fio and compare it to our reference table.
- Web Browser (Users):
- Chrome (version 87+)
- Firefox (version 86+)
- Edge (version 88+)
- Safari (version 14.1+)
As an example, a system of about 500 kLOC and a history of 1.5 years requires about 1 GB of disk space.
# Additional system requirements for specific analyses
If the tools Stylecop or Sonarlint for C# are enabled in an analysis profile then the .NET 6 runtime (opens new window) or higher has to be installed first. It is already contained in the Teamscale docker image (opens new window).
# System Requirements for IDE Plugins
Here are the requirements for Teamscale users who want to use one of the Teamscale IDE plugins:
- Eclipse: Eclipse SDK 4.4.2 (Luna SR2) or later, running on Java 8 or later
- Visual Studio: Visual Studio Version 2015 or later, .NET Framework 4.5 or later, Windows Vista or later
- IntelliJ: 2019.1 or later
- NetBeans: 8.1 or later, running on Java 8 or later