# Changelog for Teamscale 8.4
Java 17 Required (since Teamscale 7.7)
As of Teamscale 7.7, running the Teamscale server requires a Java Runtime Environment, Version 17 or later.
Changed startup on non-Docker Linux installations (since Teamscale 7.7)
As of Teamscale 7.7, Teamscale is no longer executed using
nohup on non-Docker Linux installations.
This requires manual intervention:
- If you are using systemd to manage Teamscale as service, you have to change the startup type from
Type=simplein the Teamscale systemd unit. Remember to reinstall the service.
- For custom linux setups that depend on
nohup, start Teamscale like:
nohup ./teamscale.sh &.
In general, we strongly recommend running Teamscale on Linux with Docker.
Changed Teamscale systemd service type (since Teamscale 7.7)
As of Teamscale 7.7, the Teamscale systemd service type must be updated to
type=simple, instead of the previous
Improved administration experience (since Teamscale 7.7)
Teamscale 7.7 features several changes that improve the default administration experience.
- Breaking: Teamscale is no longer executed using
nohupon non-Docker Linux installations. If
nohupis required for your setup, start Teamscale like:
nohup ./teamscale.sh &However, we strongly recommend running Teamscale on Linux with Docker or as Service.
- The default location of storing backups is a folder named
backuprelative to the process working directory. Existing instances are not affected and the location previously configured will be set upon backup import.
- The default location of cloning remote Git (or SAP) repositories is a folder named
reporelative to the process working directory. Existing instances are not affected and the location previously configured will be set upon backup import. The option has been moved to Admin / Global Settings / Git.
- The following JVM arguments are now always specified and can be removed from
-Djco.session_timeout=60 -XX:-OmitStackTraceInFastThrow -Dsvnkit.http.methods=Basic,Digest,Negotiate,NTLM
- The Teamscale temporary directory is now configurable with the
TEAMSCALE_TEMPenvironment variable. If you previously specified a custom temporary directory using
-Djava.io.tmpdir=..., we recommend removing this JVM argument and using the environment variable instead. The directory may be relative to the process working directory and is created if it does not exist.
SAP Java Connector required for importing ABAP® code (since Teamscale 7.7)
As of Teamscale 7.7, exporting ABAP® code from SAP systems requires a manual installation of the SAP Java Connector (SAP JCo) 3.1 or later. For detailed information on the installation process, please refer to Installation of the SAP Java Connector (JCo).
Re-Analysis when Upgrading
- When updating from 8.4.x, drop-in.
- When updating from 8.3.x or earlier, a full re-analysis via backup is required.
# Version 8.4.0 latest
- 8.4.0 contains all fixes from previous versions released on and before November 1st, 2022
- For brevity, only new features are included in the changelog
November 1st, 2022
# Major Features
- TODO: Major Features here
# Web UI
- TODO: Web UI Features here
# Security Improvements
- TODO: Security Improvements here
# New Checks
- TODO: New Checks here
# IDE Integrations
- TODO: IDE Integrations here
- TODO: Admin features here