# Changelog for Teamscale 7.0
Check out the list of features and improvements for Teamscale 7.0.
REST XML Interface Removed (since Teamscale 7.0)
As of Teamscale 7.0, its REST XML interface (deprecated since Teamscale v6.0) has finally been removed. This affects only the legacy REST API; the new, versioned API is not affected. You have hence two options:
- The preferred long-term solution is to migrate to the new, versioned REST API, i.e., to use REST endpoints like
- A temporary solution is to keep using the legacy REST API but always send an
Accept: application/jsonrequest header and accept JSON rather than XML responses. Note, however, that the legacy REST API will be deprecated and subsequently removed, too.
Changed Voting Behaviour for Bitbucket Server Integration (since Teamscale 6.7)
As of Teamscale 6.7, the Enable Voting option in the Bitbucket Server connector will only add the findings badge to the pull request description. Please enable the Enable pull request review option, if you want Teamscale to also review pull requests.
Changed Permissions when Using Docker Image (since Teamscale 6.3)
As of Teamscale 6.3, Teamscale is no longer executed as the root user in the Docker container, but as user
Please make sure to either allow this user to access the mounted directories and files or add a user mapping to your docker-compose file, e.g.
user: technical-user, which refers to a user whose permissions should be mapped to
Java 11 Required (since Teamscale 6.2)
As of Teamscale 6.2, running the Teamscale server requires a Java Runtime Environment, Version 11 or later.
Deprecated XML REST Interface (since Teamscale 6.0)
As of Teamscale 6.0, Teamscale's REST XML interface has been deprecated. Accordingly, any existing scripts should be migrated to the new public API.
Changed Resolving of Configuration Files (since Teamscale 6.0)
- As of Teamscale 6.0, all configuration files are loaded using the same logic. In particular configuration files in the process working directory take precedence over ones in the Teamscale installation.
- Relative paths specified in configuration files will always be resolved to the working directory. The working directory usually equals the installation directory unless explicitly changed.
- Custom check JAR files can be deployed in a directory relative to the working directory and installation directory.
- Searching for a Teamscale configuration file
teamscale-config.propertiesin the installation root directory. Use the file
teamscale.propertiesin one of the config directories.
- Searching for a license in the installation root directory, or a directory specified by the Java system property
teamscale.license.pathis no longer supported. Use the environment variable
TEAMSCALE_CONFIGto specify a separate configuration directory or pass the license using the
TS_LICENSEenvironment variable if you cannot place the license in one of the config directories.
- The administrative service to read and write configuration files via the Web API (
config-files) has been removed.
Re-Analysis when Upgrading
- When updating from 7.0.x, drop-in.
- When updating from 6.7.x or earlier, a full re-analysis via backup is required.
# Version 7.0.1 latest
11th May, 2021
StyleCopFindingsSynchronizercrashed when encountering files exceeding the Windows filename length limit
- Rules page in the Findings perspective incorrectly displayed rules which were disabled for the selected project
- Metric Trend Chart widget showed incorrect values at the start date for issue and spec item queries in some cases
- Single Metric Trend Chart widget used
->to define prefix replacement mappings
- Project analysis sometimes got stalled when using pre-commit
- Project analysis sometimes got stuck rolling back indefinitely
- Login through SAML always redirected to the default page
- Subcharts were not correctly rendered inside Simulink stateflow charts in some cases
- Finding regex filter did not work properly when searching for finding types consisting of multiple words
- False positives for "Variable naming" check in IEC 61131-3 Structured Text
- Oversized image upload path fields in the Slide Settings for Image slides
- Updated Jetty to fix various CVEs
- Architecture analysis: Improved user feedback in case multiple files with the same full qualified class name exist
# Version 7.0.0
4th May, 2021
This version also includes all the fixes and improvements from Teamscale v6.7.6 and earlier.
# Major Features
- New Requirements Tracing perspective
- External reports are now stored and can be downloaded from Teamscale
# Test Case Extraction
- Extraction of test cases written with pytest and unittest
- Detected tests are now highlighted via icons in the Code perspective
- Test detail view now includes the extracted tests' comments
# Merge Request Integration
- Voting and line commenting on merge requests can now be enabled and disabled for all repository connectors of a project with a single click
- Improved user feedback and error messages for SCM-Manager connector during project creation
# Web UI
- New Metric Percentage widget displaying the ratio between two existing metrics
- New Latest Change Date widget displaying the date of the latest change of projects and repositories
- Ability to use path abbreviations in the legend labels of the Single Metrics Trend Chart widget
- Delta perspective now shows all the findings flagged as tolerated or false positive within the delta's timespan
- Custom check descriptions can now be added as Markdown files
- Path chooser no longer skips folders with one element
# New Checks
# Simulink Support
- Support for Subsystem References
- Support for Lauterbach Trace32 coverage report
- Visual warning in case of out of memory errors
- Automatic refresh of project status in the project list view