# Changelog for Teamscale 6.7
Newer Release Available
Our current release is available here.
Check out the list of features and improvements for Teamscale 6.7.
Changed Voting Behaviour for Bitbucket Server Integration (since Teamscale 6.7)
As of Teamscale 6.7, the Enable Voting option in the Bitbucket Server connector will only add the findings badge to the pull request description. Please enable the Enable pull request review option, if you want Teamscale to also review pull requests.
Changed Permissions when Using Docker Image (since Teamscale 6.3)
As of Teamscale 6.3, Teamscale is no longer executed as the root user in the Docker container, but as user
Please make sure to either allow this user to access the mounted directories and files or add a user mapping to your docker-compose file, e.g.
user: technical-user, which refers to a user whose permissions should be mapped to
Java 11 Required (since Teamscale 6.2)
As of Teamscale 6.2, running the Teamscale server requires a Java Runtime Environment, Version 11 or later.
Deprecated XML REST Interface (since Teamscale 6.0)
As of Teamscale 6.0, Teamscale's REST XML interface has been deprecated. Accordingly, any existing scripts should be migrated to the new public API.
Changed Resolving of Configuration Files (since Teamscale 6.0)
- As of Teamscale 6.0, all configuration files are loaded using the same logic. In particular configuration files in the process working directory take precedence over ones in the Teamscale installation.
- Relative paths specified in configuration files will always be resolved to the working directory. The working directory usually equals the installation directory unless explicitly changed.
- Custom check JAR files can be deployed in a directory relative to the working directory and installation directory.
- Searching for a Teamscale configuration file
teamscale-config.propertiesin the installation root directory. Use the file
teamscale.propertiesin one of the config directories.
- Searching for a license in the installation root directory, or a directory specified by the Java system property
teamscale.license.pathis no longer supported. Use the environment variable
TEAMSCALE_CONFIGto specify a separate configuration directory or pass the license using the
TS_LICENSEenvironment variable if you cannot place the license in one of the config directories.
- The administrative service to read and write configuration files via the Web API (
config-files) has been removed.
Upgrades from pre-4.0.0 Versions no Longer Supported
As of Teamscale 6.3, importing data from versions earlier than 4.0.0 is no longer supported
Re-Analysis when Upgrading
- When updating from 6.7.x, drop-in.
- When updating from 6.6.x or earlier, a full re-analysis via backup is required.
# Version 6.7.11
8th June, 2021
- Database cleanup service corrupted storage system in some circumstances
# Version 6.7.10
1st June, 2021
- False positives for "Use of enclosing braces, partial array initialization, multiple initialization of array elements" check when using partly initialized, nested arrays in C++.
- Architecture editor was broken with specific policy filter settings
- Finding highlighting in the IntelliJ plug-in overlapped with gutter marks for changed code
# Version 6.7.9
25th May, 2021
- External analysis uploads failed to resolve new revisions from Gitlab
- Artifactory connector commits were not processed in the rare case where linked Gitlab commits had the same timestamps
- Teamscale was not correctly encoding slashes for some requests, leading to
- Clang-tidy integration incorrectly resolved include paths in JSON compilation databases
- Branch paths were not encoded correctly for some BitBucket Merge requests
# Version 6.7.8
18th May, 2021
- Clearing timetravel caused the code view to be rendered twice
- Delta perspective showed red error page when no branch was explicitly set
- False positives for "Multiple statements in single line" check on Kotlin usage declaration-site variance in variable declarations
- False positives for "Commented-out code" check on C++ comments containing the keyword "switch" too many times
# Version 6.7.7
11th May, 2021
- Project analysis sometimes got stalled when using pre-commit
- Project analysis sometimes got stuck rolling back indefinitely
- Login through SAML always redirected to the default page
- Subcharts were not correctly rendered inside Simulink stateflow charts in some cases
- Finding regex filter did not work properly when searching for finding types consisting of multiple words
- False positives for "Variable naming" check in IEC 61131-3 Structured Text
- Oversized image upload path fields in the Slide Settings for Image slides
- Updated Jetty to fix various CVEs
- Architecture analysis: Improved user feedback in case multiple files with the same full qualified class name exist
# Version 6.7.6
4th May, 2021
CodeChangeIndexSynchronzierwas very slow when a lot files were moved
- Issue queries did not work in some cases
- Currently selected project was no longer remembered when switching between perspectives
- False positives for "Multiple statements in same line" check in C++
- Paths in Impacted Tests table were unnecessarily shortened
- Finding count per category was not updated after applying include/exclude path filters in the Findings perspective
- Used memory shown in the System Information page was incorrect
TestsMergercrashed in very rare cases if test names had trailing spaces
- Xcode coverage parser could not process reports generated by newer xcode version
- Action menu button did not disappear after selecting code in another code snippet in the Task Details slide
- Tooltips in file treemaps were showing incomplete architecture paths
IndexOutOfBoundExceptionwas thrown in "Terminal operation expected at end of Stream" check
- MC/DC coverage computation and annotation did not work correctly
- Incorrect dependencies were shown after changing a component's stereotype in the architecture editor
- Metrics perspective overview did not load in cases where the URL was exceedingly long
# Version 6.7.5
27th April, 2021
- Disk space consumption of storage folder increased significantly compared to previous versions
- Permission check for updating analysis profiles was not effective
- Frequent, harmless "No code for uniform path" errors in Service Log when using the Eclipse plug-in
- LCOV exclusion directives were not respected for C++ code in case the JVM argument
- The option to Preview Repository Files did not work for the ABAP connector
- Missing break statements in C/C++ switch statements are now ignored by default
# Version 6.7.4
20th April, 2021
- Metrics were not displayed in the right sidebar in the code view for architecture paths
- Fortran comments were mistakenly counted as code in SLOC-based method length analysis
- Oversized content of Metrics Table widget in edit mode
- Errors in the Artifactory connection caused problems with analysis granularity settings in rare cases
- Special characters in the titles of SCM-Manager pull requests were not rendered correctly
# Version 6.7.3
13th April, 2021
- Clone Compare view did not allow to view and scroll the clone side by side synchronously
- The Issues page showed all issues twice in the Metrics perspective
- False Positive for Naming Convention check in C# constructors when calling
- Back button in Architecture Editor did not work
- Teamscale sometimes triggered very costly rollbacks in special cases
- Rollback analysis message was sometimes displayed in the Activity perspective without any relevant jobs queued
- Active users by project chart's y axis on the System Information page was not scaled correctly
# Version 6.7.2
6th April, 2021
- Bulk reanalysis after change of an Analysis Profile stopped because of a project whose validation failed
NullPointerExceptionoccurred for some issues in the Impacted tests section of the Issue details view
- Previously hidden architecture policies reappeared after selecting a component or violation arrow
- Used memory in Java section of System Information page was not refreshed
- False positives for "Function types should be in prototype form" check in C++ when using
whereas parameter name
- Some Analysis Profile options no longer showed explanatory tooltips
- Voting on SCM-Manager pull requests failed if the branch names contained slashes
- Teamscale REST API page did not list all available Media types for some requests
- Newlines in external upload commit messages were ignored.
- The Compare method view sometimes showed incorrect file versions for methods added after a selected baseline.
# Version 6.7.1
30th March, 2021
- Numeric Metric Value widget contained an incorrect trend link to the Delta perspective
- Architecture Import view displayed no warning when an upload was rejected
- Browser view was not scrolling when dragging close to the borders in the Edit Analysis Profile view
- Operator overloading in C# was not parsed correctly
- Type-based architecture analysis was mistakenly offered for C/C++
NullPointerExceptionin "Calling contains on List" check in certain situations.
FindingsTrackerfor large external finding upload
- HTTP 414 (Request-URI Too Long) error when viewing coverage from a large number of partitions
- The External Report Uploads page was empty after uploading coverage for a project
- Editor links were missing for architectures with only one component in the Test Gap perspective
- The shortened Method history view was empty when selected branch was incorrect
- Hidden names and flipped positions of Simulink blocks were not displayed correctly.
- The Projects table in the Projects perspective had no maximum width.
- Table headers in the System Overview slide were not rendered correctly when the report was saved as PDF
- Test-gap treemap tooltips sometimes remained on the page
- Python architecture dependencies were incomplete in case of omitted
- FindBugs and SpotBugs finding descriptions were rendered incorrectly
- False positives for "Unused Variable or Parameter" check in C#
- False positives for "Value assigned to variable not read" check in C# due to new pattern-matching enhancements
- False positives for "Unused Variable or Parameter" check in C++ in the case of output parameters
- False positives for C++ naming convention check when using unnamed parameters
- False positives for "Variable was assigned to itself" check in Kotlin
# Version 6.7.0
23rd March, 2021
This version also includes all the fixes and improvements from Teamscale v6.6.6 and earlier.
# Major Features
- Redesign of the finding details view
- Extraction of test cases written with custom CMocka version
# Bitbucket Integration
- New option in the Bitbucket connector to skip posting reviews to pull requests
- Option to add slide callouts in all report slides
# Web UI
- Architecture Editor: Feedback for invalid regexes
- Analysis granularity settings of a project are now listed when viewing a project
- Impacted Tests are now displayed in the Issue perspective
- Rule browser: Enabled rules can be browsed by projects
- Ability to filter findings by finding type from the finding detail view
- Support requests now contain SAP version information